Meal Preparation in Scarborough
What is Meal Preparation?
Meal Preparation Pickering is a critical service for clients of all ages who require help in maintaining proper nutrition during recovery from illness or injury.
Nutrition is often left aside when times are busy or when we are focused simply healing from what ails us. In fact, proper nutrition has been proven to help with recovery in many ways and more than ever the body needs proper nutrients during health-related issues. When we are busy or too ill to cook, we often turn to pre-packaged foods or take-out because it’s easy, but these are rarely good options for getting the nutrients for our bodies to heal. Affinity Health’s in-home Meal Preparation in Pickering ensures our clients stay healthy.
Meal preparation, quite simply, is a service provided by our Caregivers in your home, where we take the time to make meals according to your personal preferences and dietary needs.
Meal Preparation Pickering – Services Offered
The following are examples of the services included with our Meal Preparation:
- Grocery Shopping. Caregivers will make a shopping list with you and go pick up the groceries for you. If you would like help doing the groceries, we can also accompany you, or help you order them online for delivery.
- Put groceries away in your fridge and cupboards
- Prepare meals for the current day
- Prepare meals for the upcoming days and either refrigerate or freeze them in single or double servings
- Serve your meals to you in bed or at the table
- Clean up the kitchen after meals
- Log your nutritional intake in our client file so that you keep track of your nutrition
- Speak with any specialists involved in your care to ensure your nutrition intake is properly assessed.
Meal Preparation Pickering – Benefits
Many different factors make it difficult for our clients to eat well, from medication side effects, to a lack of interest in cooking for just one or two people. If you are a senior, older adults have different nutritional requirements. Though they need fewer calories, they need more protein, calcium, B vitamins, and other nutrients.
At Affinity Health, making sure that your loved ones consume nutritious meals that adhere to their dietary restrictions and preferences is a priority. We develop a meal plan based on their special dietary needs. Our Caregivers and Nurses work with you to plan and prepare meals, go grocery shopping, and provide dinner companionship when needed. If your loved one is diabetic, has certain allergies or any other health restrictions, our caregivers will prepare meals designed with their specific dietary needs in mind.
Our Meal Preparation in Pickering and Durham is included with our normal hourly services. Meal Preparation can be part of a larger list of tasks and priorities that our caregivers can deliver while in the home. Please ask about our Meal Preparation in Pickering and Durham and we can customize a plan for you or your loved one.