Medication Management with Pharmacist in Carp, ON
with In-Home Review by a Pharmacist
As we age, it seems that we are prescribed more and more medications, vitamins, and supplements to help with our everyday medical issues. With so many pills to take, it’s easy to feel overwhelmed, confused, or under informed. At Affinity Health, our specialists are dedicated to making sure you are properly managing your medication.
Affinity Health has partnered with reputable pharmacists in Carp to create a complimentary service visit specially designed for seniors. In addition to our regular home care services where we help monitor your medications, our caregivers will arrange for quarterly medication reviews and audits with our pharmaceutical specialists.
Our in-home medication review with a Pharmacist includes:
- Performance of quarterly audits on the medication being taken.
- Review of medication instructions and intake directions.
- Removal of all discontinued medications from the home.
- Advice on any concerns and questions related to your medications.
To avoid becoming overwhelmed, here are some tips for managing your medication:
- Keep a list of your medications with you at all times
- Keep yourself informed about your medications. Learn why you are taking them and any possible side effects they may cause.
- Take note of any side effects you experience and inform your doctor immediately
- Always take your medication as directed. For example, with food or before bedtime, and make sure you understand the effects alcohol may have on the medication
- Do not take any additional medications without consulting your doctor or pharmacist first
- Know the possible consequences of missing a dose
- Dispose of any expired or discontinued medication
- Inform your doctor of every medication you take, even vitamins and over-the-counter medications
- Always read the labels on your medication. Ask your pharmacist if they can make the print larger if you are having trouble reading the small print
- Never mix your medications in the same container (they can interact with each other and create a different chemical reaction)
- Inform your doctor if you decide to stop taking a medication. If a certain medication is causing you problems, you may be able to take an alternative medication. Some medications also need to be gradually reduced in order to avoid problems
- Never share your medication
- Only take medication that has been approved by your doctor
- Do not change the way (time or dosage) you take a medication without consulting your doctor
At Affinity Health, we care about your health and the medications you take. If you need more assistance with medication management, our in-home medication review service may benefit you.
Our in-home medication review service in Carp, ON includes:
- A pharmacist performed quarterly audit on the medications being taken
- The removal of all discontinued medications from the home