MS & ALS CARE
MS & ALS Care
People with MS or ALS have options to remain safe and comfortable at home and receive the care they need.
At Affinity Health, we know how upsetting a diagnosis can be, and how challenging it is to come to terms with the new realities that come along with that diagnosis. Whether you suffer from Multiple Sclerosis (MS) or Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS), our caregivers are dedicated to helping support you through the challenges that you may have to face.
Home care is important with a diagnosis of MS or ALS to help manage some of the following symptoms:
- Dizziness, difficulty keeping your balance
- Drastic changes in your gait
- Short term memory loss
- Bladder dysfunction
- Bowel dysfunction
- Brain atrophy (detected via MRI)
- Slower information processing capabilities
- Problems with abstract reasoning
- Visual-spatial abilities weakened (e.g. driving).
Our expert caregivers are specifically trained in how to deal with and manage the symptoms of MS and ALS. Whether you’re at home or in the hospital, Affinity Health can be a support system that offers help and guidance. Our care is available on an adaptable basis and can be altered at any time as needs change.
Affinity Health can help you manage your disease by providing:
- Personal care – such as toileting, bathing and dressing
- Home Support – such as housekeeping, meal preparation
- Companion Care – such as overnight watch, activities
- Outings and transportation, such as groceries or prescription pick up
- Nursing Care