Palliative Care at Home
For each of us, there comes a time we must say goodbye. Having the proper Palliative Care in place can help everyone through this challenging time. At Affinity Health, our compassionate team is experienced in helping people during their final stages in life. Ensuring everything from medical needs and household chores are taken care of, so you and your loved one feel supported and cared for.
Understanding Palliative Care
After the initial shock that accompanies the diagnosis of a chronic or terminal illness begins to wear off and new realities begin to set in, a whole new set of questions arise for seniors and their families. When faced with the overwhelming task of having to decide the best course of action for moving forward, individuals may find themselves asking questions such as:
- “What is palliative care and how can it help me and my family?”
- “Do I need to go to a hospice?”
- “Can I remain in my own home?”
The World Health Organization describes Palliative Care as a compassionate approach to care that aims to improve the quality of life for patients and their families facing the challenges associated with life-threatening illnesses. This type of care is provided through methods and strategies that work to minimize and relieve suffering through early identification and ideal assessment, as well as treatment of pain and other problems, physical, psychosocial and spiritual.
Your life is important, and so are all of the emotions that you and your family are feeling. The compassionate, thoughtful, empathetic, and professional team at Affinity Health knows that no one can truly understand the unique set of emotions and feelings that you are working through after being told by a doctor that your time is limited. We can, however, work our very hardest to help you maintain your dignity while facing the challenge of accepting mortality.
Affinity Health can offer supportive Palliative Care in the following ways:
- In-home care
- Pain relief
- Regular health monitoring to ensure proper care
- Dignified nursing services
- Positive attitude toward the cycle of life
- Grief counseling
- Enhancing your quality of life, and that of your family and friends
- Nurses that are available 24/7 to address concerns immediately
The following are included in our Palliative Care Services:
- Personal Care
- Home Support and Housekeeping
- Meal Preparation and Nutrition
- Companion Care
- Outings to appointments as required
- Nursing Services
- Case Management Services including communication with specialists
- Medical Supplies and Equipment
- So much more.
Call today for a Free Nurse Consultation to discuss your Palliative Care needs. Our services have no contracts and minimum hours, so we can find a flexible solution that is right for you and your loved one.