Meal Preparation in Scarborough
What is Meal Preparation?
Our Meal Preparation in Scarborough is an excellent service for our clients of all ages. Receiving proper nutrition is critical for anyone at any time of life, but especially important if you are dealing with age-related diseases, or recovery for a serious accident or surgery.
Meals are often one thing that is overlooked on a daily basis in terms of receiving the proper nutrients and a well-balanced meal. When we are busy or too ill to cook, we often turn to pre-packaged foods or take-out because it’s easy, but these are rarely good options for getting the nutrients for our bodies to heal. Affinity Health’s in-home Meal Preparation in Scarborough ensures our clients stay healthy.
Meal Preparation Scarborough – Services Offered
The following are examples of the services included with our Meal Preparation:
- Groceries. We will help you make a list according to your preferences and can help you order online, take you out to the store, or head out and do the grocery shopping for you.
- Put groceries away and properly label everything
- Prepare meals for the current day
- Prepare meals for the upcoming days and either refrigerate or freeze them in single or double servings
- Serve your meals to you in bed or at the table
- Clean up after meals
- Log your nutritional intake in our client file so that you keep track of your nutrition
- Speak with any specialists involved in your care to ensure your nutrition intake is properly assessed
Meal Preparation Scarborough – Benefits
Many different factors make it difficult for our clients to eat well, from medication side effects, to a lack of interest in cooking for just one or two people. If you are a senior, older adults have different nutritional requirements. Though they need fewer calories, they need more protein, calcium, B vitamins, and other nutrients.
At Affinity Health, making sure that your loved ones consume nutritious meals that adhere to their dietary restrictions and preferences is a priority. We develop a meal plan based on their special dietary needs. Our Caregivers and Nurses work with you to plan and prepare meals, go grocery shopping, and provide dinner companionship when needed. If your loved one is diabetic, has certain allergies or any other health restrictions, our caregivers will prepare meals designed with their specific dietary needs in mind.
Our Meal Preparation in Scarborough is included with our normal hourly services. Meal Preparation can be part of a larger list of tasks and priorities that our caregivers can deliver while in the home. Please ask about our Meal Preparation in Scarboroughand we can customize a plan for you or your loved one.