Hospital Discharge and Post Hospital Care in Cambridge, ON
Hospital Discharge Services near Cambridge, ON
The time has finally come to return home from the Hospital and there is a lot to prepare. We can help!
Returning home after being in the hospital is always an exciting time, but it can also involve worries, and questions about what life will be like once you’re home again. The caring health care professionals at Affinity Health will help you address your questions and concerns, by offering help and support for individuals and families through the transition back into life at home after leaving the hospital.
We always start with a free consultation with one of our nurses, and this can be done right in your hospital room. We will book a time that is convenient for you, and will coordinate other health care professionals to join the meeting as needed (i.e. your specialist or hospital staff). All aspects of your transition home will be discussed to ensure there are no surprises.
We can take on tasks such as ordering and collecting medications, setting up doctor’s appointments, managing at-home recovery, coordinating transportation and other relevant tasks. Our Case Managers can also provide advice and support as you determine what services you will require upon returning home.
Our Hospital Discharge Service applies to people of all ages and includes the following:
- Case Management Services including in-hospital assessment by an experienced Nurse Case Manager
- Visit to your home prior to discharge to ensure your home is properly prepared
- Attendance at discharge planning meeting
- Arrangement of your transportation home
- Coordination and delivery of Home Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Personal Care Services
- Home Support Services
- 24-hour on-call support for questions and urgent matters
- Immediate response for additional care
- Communication with other health care professionals