Hospital Discharge Pickering – Immediate Help
It’s time to come home with Hospital Discharge in Pickering!
A trip to the hospital can be an intimidating event for anyone dealing with a health crisis. As a family caregiver, you are focused completely on your family member’s medical treatment, and so is the hospital staff. You are “in the moment.” As a result, you might not be giving much thought to what happens when your loved one leaves the hospital, and how much preparation goes into Hospital Discharge Services.
Yet, the way this Hospital Discharge transition is handled – whether the discharge is to home, a rehab facility, or a nursing home – is critical to the health and well-being of your loved one. Studies have found that improvements in Hospital Discharge planning can positively impact the outcome for patients as they move to the next level of care. Hospital Discharge can be a highly stressful and confusing time for families and we’re here to help ensure you have all the information.
Hospital Discharge Pickering – Affinity Health
With Affinity Health in Pickering and Durham Region, one of our Nurse Case Managers will meet with you and your family while you’re at the hospital to create a plan for your Hospital Discharge with your hospital Social Worker. We design your care plan with your needs and preferences in mind, so that your move home is both simple and comfortable. We strive to make your Hospital Discharge and recovery as stress-free as possible.
Hospital Discharge Pickering – Services Offered
Our Hospital Discharge in Pickering and Durham includes:
- A customized care plan designed for your medical needs and preferences;
- Home safety advice and guidance;
- Home safety modifications as required;
- Running errands such as groceries or prescriptions;
- Mobility assistance such as help from bed to wheelchair;
- Help with bathing, toileting or grooming;
- Eating assistance and meal preparation;
- Medication reminders;
- Rehabilitation exercises;
- Emotional support and companionship;
- Transportation to appointments;
- Regular home visits and status updates from the Nurse Case Manager.
Call us today to book your free in-hospital assessment. We can have you discharged and home safely as quickly as 24 hours if needed.