Hospital Discharge in Richmond Hill
Importance of Hospital Discharge in Richmond Hill
Returning home after spending time in the hospital, whether short or long term, is something to celebrate, but it can also involve thoughts, worries, and questions concerning what will happen once you are home again.
It is critical to ensure that everything is lined up properly to minimize any issues during transfer, and to ensure any supplies, equipment and services are ready and waiting at home. Sadly, many people return to the hospital with recovery issues and this is often due to inadequate planning. Having transportation home arranged beforehand, as well as having the home properly set up for recovery, can help ensure a smooth transition from hospital to home.
While the government can cover some services for some people, supplement private care is often required to cover all your needs.
Hospital Discharge in Richmond Hill – Affinity Health
Affinity Health has helped thousands of Canadians return home from hospital, by providing support and relief for individuals as they transition back into their lives.
We can take charge of ordering and collecting medications, booking doctor’s appointments, managing at-home recovery, coordinating transportation and other pertinent tasks. Our Nurse Case Managers can also provide direction and assistance as you figure out what services you will require upon returning home.
Hospital Discharge in Richmond Hill – Services Offered
Our Hospital Discharge in Richmond Hill includes the following:
- Case Management Services including in-hospital assessment by an experienced Nurse Case Manager
- Attendance at discharge planning meeting
- Visit to your home prior to discharge to ensure your home is properly prepared
- Coordination and delivery of Home Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Arrangement of your transportation home
- Personal Care Services and/or Home Support Services
- 24-hour on-call support for questions and urgent matters
- Immediate response for additional care
- Communication with other health care professionals.
Call today for a Free Nurse Consultation. We can visit you or your loved one in the hospital and coordinate our services with those of the hospital and other health care professionals. With no contracts and no minimum hours, we can find an immediate solution for you.